Corn with butter is magical, but Mexican Street Corn is on a whole ‘nother level (I mean just look at it)! Sweet corn flavour, smothered with a zesty, smokey sauce, all topped off with fresh cilantro, and salty queso fresco. You definitely won’t stop at just one cob.
- 2 large spoonfuls of mayonnaise
- 1-2 pinches garlic powder
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ lemon, juiced
- Hot sauce to taste
- Queso Fresco cheese (or feta)
- Combine ingredients in a bowl, adjusting to taste.
- Brush lightly on corn, grilling on medium-high heat until cooked, about 8-10 minutes.
- Once cooked, brush corn with the leftover mayo mixture, sprinkle with crumbled queso fresco, chopped cilantro, and serve.
Often, recipes will recommend soaking your corn before barbecuing, which you can totally do. If you’re feeling adventurous, just toss the corn on the grill, let the husks burn off, giving the corn some extra charred and smoky flavour.